Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Some Christmas Favorites

So there were some Christmas gifts that were given that were my favorites this year. I am going to save my very most favorite for last, but we will start here with Jake. Every year Jake tries to figure out what his brother or sister is giving him, and usually Sally somehow accidentally gives it away. Well, this year, she and I worked together to convince Jake she was giving him some kind of pink Webkinz. Jake was pretty concerned. So when he opened his gift from Sally and it was the guitar strap he REALLY wanted, he was surprised and thrilled. Sally was sneaky and asked Jake which strap he liked best--it was ALL her idea! Great job, Sal!

Kash is WAY into John Deere. So Santa did a great job and put a John Deere hat and t-shirt in Kash's stocking. He also got some cool tractor and truck movies from me and Brian. But he LOVES his hat--wears it every day.

Sally is quite sure Santa is the most amazing guy around. She asked for a digital camera and got a pretty darn nice one, especially for a 6-year-old. She thinks it is so cool she got a red camera and kept saying all day how great Santa was. He really is great, isn't he?!

So, this is my all time fave this year. Ben and Jake are big Steelers fans and both have thought about getting a jersey. I don't know how many of you have looked at these jerseys, but they are VERY expensive. And me being me, I could never justify getting one of them. Ben really has wanted a "Ben Roethlisberger" jersey for a long time and looked online lots, but the cheapest we could find was around $80. Well, my sister saved the day. She called and as we were talking about gifts she said she thought she might be able to get a good deal on a jersey through one of her friends who works for a sporting goods store. We got a great deal on the jersey (still a lot for a shirt I think but so worth it) and made Ben's day. The look on his face says it all! Christmas is so much fun!

2 comments:

Kade and Katie said...

looks like it was a great Christmas! i just love your kids, they are soooo full of personality! the webkinz was a hit and the transformer and light saber are played with everyday.....ya done good secret cousins! we love you tons and miss you tons! ps note the time...my baby isn't a great sleeper either, too bad for us huh!

Emily said...

Hi Jen, thanks soooo much for the lemon bar recipe I am going to try it tomorrow!! Looks like a great Christmas, you really do have darling kids... they seem so sweet! and your Ruby is beautiful!! I can't believe Jake on the guitar- did he start with acoustic or piano lessons first? My boys really want to learn guitar, just wondering if you recommend something for beginners, although I'm sure he just has a lot of natural talent to be that good- very cute boy!! take care and thanks again for the recipe!