Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Eve

It is hard for me to believe that a month has passed since Thanksgiving. I am usually really good about getting a Christmas card out, they actually sat on my desk for the last 3 weeks. But it was the kind of card that required a picture and the picture just never got taken. So for the first time in YEARS, there will be no card from the Owens. I promise to do better next year. As far as this holiday season, we have enjoyed it so far. The kids are all very excited that today is Christmas Eve. Kash can hardly contain his excitement and would really like to open all his presents RIGHT NOW! Patience is not his virtue! Sally, much to my chagrin, has been counting presents under the tree. She gets excited when she thinks she has the most, we had to have a talk with her about that. We have been doing the 12 Days of Christmas for two of our neighbors we thought might enjoy it. One has recently gone through a divorce and the other lives here alone without any family close by. It has been lots of fun to try and secretly deliver gifts, although both have already figured out who we are. That is okay, I think they have both enjoyed it so much and my kids learn the joy of giving. Tonight we have lots of fun things planned and for me, tonight is far more fun than tomorrow. We are having 5 missionaries from our church over tomorrow as well. I am glad we can share our home with them, I know what it is like to be away from home for Christmas.

Jake, Ben, & Brian got to help with a live nativity this past weekend. I don't have a picture of Jake, I forgot my camera the night that Jake was the shepherd, but I have one of Ben with Brian. He looked like a marshmallow because we had him layered so much--it was very cold the night he was a shepherd. The family who hosted the nativity submitted an article to the church news, the link is http://www.ldschurchnews.com/articles/56328/Texas-Nativity-scene.html. None of the pictures in the article are of my boys, although they looked exactly the same. Other than Brian was a really big shepherd. It was fun for the boys and a great thing to do this time of year. I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas, it really is the "most wonderful time of the year" for so many reasons.



2 comments:

McKinnon said...

while you didn't get cards out, I have one sitting here for you, but all I have is your cuba address.
E-mail me your mailing address so I can get it sent (since I missed the last couple of years).
Dayna
my public e-mail is
momma bear blogs at g mail dot com
(no spaces, you know how it goes)

Judy Lamont Stock said...

Well, my mom will be devistated about the whole card thing but I think she'll get over it. She always calls me crying telling me she got a card from you... LOL! She just loves you Jen. How can anyone not!!! ;) Well, hope you had a Merry Christmas and have a FANTASTIC New Year with lots of love, happiness and good health!