Saturday, December 6, 2008

It's a FIRST!

Every time we move into a new house, Brian tells me he is going to put up Christmas lights outside. I believed him when we moved into our first house and bought lights, but they never got put up on the house. So our next house, he said it was really going to happen so I bought clips to make it easier to put up the lights that were still in the box from the first house. It never happened. So then it got to be kind of a joke between the two of us. Last week, Brian says he thinks he will put lights up this year, I laughed. But today, it actually happened! Apparently, Amarillo is WAY into Christmas lights! I am sure our neighbors think we are Scrooges with the amount of lights we have compared to them, but if they only knew....

I had to get the oil checked out in the Suburban today and when I got home, I found Jake & Ben on the roof helping Brian. I think they were mostly having fun crawling around on the roof. But we have lights!





2 comments:

meegz said...

Philip doesn't usually do lights either. So this year I got up on the roof to put some up.....and got right back down. It's scary up there...not like I remembered when I was a kid.:)
The lights look great.

The Bennett's said...

Looks good!! Tell Brian congrats!!I think men just have to feel like they are in charge in that department. I always seem to pick the perfect day and Mike always finds something else to do. We do get them up every year though. Just in his time frame. What is your new address? We have a christmas card for you.