Friday, December 19, 2008

Delirious

So while Ruby is very cute, she is not a good sleeper at night. I can't even remember the last time I slept for more than 2 hours at a stretch. Needless to say, I am a bit exhausted. Many night, Ruby ends up in bed with us. Well, I have noticed that she really does sleep better when she is in her own bed, but I am not good at letting my babies cry it out. So I have been at least trying to give her bottle to her in her bed, I just stand by the side until she is done. This has been working pretty good and she is getting herself back to sleep a little more too. Two nights ago, I was standing there holding her bottle, and I was FREEZING, so I put her in bed with me so I could be warm. BIG mistake, she just tossed for the next 4 hours. So last night, I was completely worn out! I got up to feed her once, and then the next time she woke up, I was in a delirious state. I pulled her out of bed because in my dream/awake state, I was sure she had told me she needed help counting poinsettias. Yes, you read that right. My almost 8 month old needed help counting--and she TOLD me that!? Brian and all my family can verify that I do and say INSANE things while I think I am still sleeping. When I realized Ruby was even in bed with us, I put her back in her bed and she slept a bit better. I figure, she is our last, someday I will sleep. And no amount of sleep anyone could ever offer could replace my sweet little girl! It is all worth it, even if I do lose my sanity.

1 comment:

The Fluckiger Family said...

You are preaching to the choir! May is by far the worst sleeper out of my three. Let me know if you find a solution - if not, I'm delirious right here with you.