Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Great idea?

So I thought a bike ride would be nice yesterday. I figure Ruby is getting just big enough to sit in the bike trailer. So I go out and get the trailer set up, but the wheels are flat. No big deal, I get the pump out. It is not working. I think I know what the problem is. So I took the pump apart, and I was right, the screw inside had come undone, I got it fixed. But then I couldn't get one of the tires to pump up. After 10 minutes, I figure out the problem and get both tires pumped. Remember, this is after spending at least 20 minutes fixing the pump. So I get my bike down, the tires are flat. Good thing I fixed the pump. Ruby gets hungry during all this. Between me, Kash and a blanket to prop up the bottle, she gets fed. I get the trailer hooked up. And I get on to take off, feeling much empowered by all I was able to fix by myself. My chain comes off. I am thinking maybe I just wasn't meant to go for a bike ride. But not me, I am determined! After just 5 minutes, I figure out how to fix the chain and we are off. The whole time I am thinking about how Mr. Johansen, our neighbor across the street, says he is always watching the neighborhood. I head to Coulter Street thinking maybe I will see how I do on Tascosa Road, thinking that riding my bike to the library would be a good option. I get up to the church and realize my legs are in no shape to go up a much larger and longer hill, so I turn in to the church parking lot and head down Brookside to get back up to Smoketree Street. I BARELY make it up Smoketree and because I had only been gone maybe 10 minutes I ride up and down our street one more time. So my bike ride lasted about 15 minutes and it took me almost an hour just to get going. I am sweating and wondering how many times I will have to ride my little loop before it doesn't feel like I am going to lose a lung. At least I exercised for the day! :) Thought you could use a laugh, I am sure Mr. Johansen is laughing!

1 comment:

McKinnon said...

You gotta have a sense of humor or you may as well give up. Way to hang in there!!