Monday, September 29, 2008

Emergency Room

I am sure you thought Ben had something go wrong--nope--it was Kash this time. Last night about 10 he woke up crying and could not be consoled. He said his ear was hurting, we were sure he had an ear infection. But of course no antibiotic without a doctor. So I tried taking him to urgent care, but all the urgent care locations closed at 8!! He fell asleep in the car, so I thought maybe the motrin had kicked in and he would at least be able to sleep. We got home and within 15 minutes, he was awake and crying even more. We decided we had to take him to the ER, he was just so miserable. I was so grateful Brian was home! Brian took him and they waited for 3 hours before a doctor could even see him--Kash was awake the whole time! Anyway, he has an ear infection, and a blister on his ear drum. The doctor told Brian they are extremely painful and are caused by a bacteria. So he is on an antibiotic as well as drops for his ear to help with the pain. He just woke up about 30 minutes ago, and he is doing better. The doctor told Brian that either the blister will break or it could burst his eardrum, we should know by the amount of drainage. Poor little guy! I just feel so bad for him. He didn't complain once yesterday about his ear hurting.

Update on Ben, he is doing fine. He said his leg felt tight this morning which I am thinking must be the skin trying to heal. It will be a while though. Some of you have asked why I didn't post a picture--I just thought that would be gross! But maybe I will in a few days when it doesn't look so bad, but you can get an idea of how big a scar he will have.

We had a weekend full of doctors and pharmacies, but I am not complaining. All of these things are so minor--just letting you all know what exciting things were going on at our house!

3 comments:

Shane and Becky said...

Jen,
Yes, you are "Jen O." Okay, first, when I was reading "Emergency Room" before I got to which child you were talking about I guessed Ben. I only knew him as a little toddler but I remember him being adventurous then. Your kids are so cute. Brad still thinks about Jake and says he wishes you were still here. Now, the tag... all you do on your own blog is post "6 quirky things about myself" (write 6 things about yourself) and then when you are done tag 3 more people you would like to do the same on their blog. :)

Shane and Becky said...

Okay, sometimes I'm a goof. I just went back to re-read what I thought was about Ben's leg (I read it a day ago) and realized that you had a new post. So, my comment about "emergency room" was acutally about "urgent care." You have had quite a weekend. I hope Kash recoveres quickly. Sounds horrible.

Kade and Katie said...

ears, shmears! we have had our go-around with all that too. carver actually had his ear drum burst and it was gross! sure hope he is doing better, poor guy!