Saturday, September 27, 2008

Urgent Care

So who in our family do you think of when you see that title? You guessed it...Ben. He was outside today looking for something to do and I told him to go for a bike ride. Within 10 minutes of sending him off, he was back in the house wailing with blood running down both his legs. I was just getting Ruby to sleep and looking forward to kicking back and reading this afternoon since I had already cleaned the house. That plan went out the window when I saw his right leg. His left knee was scraped pretty badly, but his right leg was really bad. It was deep and making me a bit queasy. I thought for sure he was going to need stitches--one thing Ben hasn't experienced yet. So we took him to urgent care and when the doctor took a look at it, she said that if there was any skin to stitch that would have worked great, but Ben basically took a chunk of his leg off. So they wrapped it up with gauze and some stretchy stuff and told me to watch for infections, because of how severe the wound was, that was good possibility. The doctor also gave Ben an antibiotic just to be on the safe side. Ben was so funny about the whole thing. He is a bit dramatic and was telling me he was never going outside again and would NEVER ride a bike ever again. Then he went into panic mode when I mentioned stitches. Once the doctor said stitches weren't an option, he became ecstatic and started making plans to show all his friends his bandage and wound. We were also told he was going to have a bad scar--Ben of course thinks this is cool. I am mostly glad Ben is okay--this was minor compared to his other urgent care visits--we love our Ben!

1 comment:

Judy Lamont Stock said...

Gosh Jenn, that story made me a bit quesy. Thank goodness you didn't post any pictures. Glad to hear Ben is okay! Will you send your new email address??? Thanks!