Monday, March 2, 2009

Man, I really messed up AND Sally's new doll

Jake decided for his last basketball game he wanted to ask his coach if it would be alright if he played the National Anthem before the game started. So I talked to his coach who thought it would be great and he made the arrangements. Jake practiced lots on his guitar and really had the Anthem sounding pretty good. So we got to his game, got all his equipment set up and he was ready to go. I got seated in the bleachers and Brian says to me, "Do you have your camera?" I was nearly sick! I had forgotten my camera! I hadn't taken a picture of Jake playing all season and now he was going to play his last game AND play his guitar in front of his first "real" audience and I got the loser mom award! I felt awful! Jake played his guitar great and had a great game, he scored 6 points. And although they lost, it was a great game for the whole team. So hopefully he will have another opportunity to play for someone other than his family and blogging audience so I can redeem myself as a mother.

Sally discovered she had a new doll this weekend and dressed her up super cute. Take a look! Looks like her doll enjoyed it as well! She is quite a doll! Who knew "Build a Bear" clothes would sort of fit a 10-month-old?

4 comments:

The Fluckiger Family said...

She is a doll, Jen. I know all about the "loser mom" feeling: When Oak had his graduation from preschool last year, I think I was the only mom who was there without a camera. Yep, I forgot it. Thank goodness he will graduate again this year!

Carley said...

Don't beat yourself up to much, we've all been there and done that. The way I see it, we're doing good just getting everyone in the car, buckled in, and to the game. Loser mom would've left a stray child at home! Your kids are darling!

Unknown said...

our ward activity coming up is a talent show. he can play for the whole ward! and plenty of people will have back-up cameras! you didn't get the loser mom award.

Judy Lamont Stock said...

You'll just have to tape it at home and share it on the blogging world of Jen! We still love ya Jen and think you are a SUPER mom. Hey, look at the bright side. All 5 are still alive and kickin'!