Thursday, March 19, 2009

Learning life's sweet pleasures

I really wanted to exercise and was having trouble finding the time. With all the kids home for spring break, Ruby was having trouble taking a nap. I finally told Jake just to watch her for an hour while I hopped on the treadmill. I came back in the family room to check on them part way through and found Ruby asleep on Jake's chest. I had so many thoughts...first, that Jake could experience what I consider to be one of the sweetest pleasures in life and second, that Ruby loves Jake and feels secure enough with him to fall asleep. It was a good mom moment, especially after a pretty rough morning. Moments like that put many other things into perspective for me. Jake totally loved it and so did I!

5 comments:

meegz said...

moments like that = ahhhh! That's a very sweet picture.

Carley said...

What a sweet boy to watch your baby! Hang on to that picture, it's priceless.

The Fluckiger Family said...

Such a sweet picture! I need to look harder and recognize those moments - I know we have them.

Unknown said...

that is so cute!

Kade and Katie said...

so cute! i can't believe how much ruby has changed. what a good brother.