Sunday, October 18, 2009

Octoberfest

We went to Petersboro this weekend for the annual Octoberfest. My sister, Wendy, started the tradition a few years ago, but after we had moved away. So this was our first fest and we were not disappointed. The kids got sufficiently sugared and had such a great time with all the cousins, games and crafts. And it is always nice to spend time with family. My mom and I took the kids to the last Saturday of the Farmer's Market in Logan that morning, what a fine time that was as well! I love the booths with all the veggies and homemade goods. But the greatest part was running into Peg, someone who has been part of my life for more years than I think could really be possible. I had thought earlier as we were walking around, "This is something I am sure Peg likes!" And then, there she was! I love Farmer's Markets anyway, but getting to see Peg made the morning especially nice.

It turned out to be a fabulous fall day--perfect for all the activities and fun. This really is the best part about being back in Utah, getting to spend time with our families and knowing we don't have to fit a million things into a few weeks. here are a few pictures from the fest...

Ruby was a spider

Sally, my pretty witch

Jake was Buddy Holly

Ben, our hippie

Kash, the Power Ranger

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Hey friends! I can't wait for Halloween. I wish your cute kids could come trick or treating at our place... I would give them the mother load! We are going to be passing through Utah for a night on the way to Las Vegas for thanksgiving... how can we get in touch with you? We would LOVE to say hi and have you meet our little crew!
love, richard and ashley