Friday, October 16, 2009

Kate's Birthday...

Yes, two days after Malayna's birthday, it is Kate's turn. I wrote before that October would be "tribute month", 4 out of 6 kids were born between October 14 and November 2! Anyway, today is Kate's birthday and it was wonderful to be in the same state for a change so I could go to the little surprise party Kade planned for her. I love being closer to our families! In January I posted a few things I loved about Kate when we were celebrating our "Praise to Jen & Kate Day", so I copied and pasted some because I still love Kate for all the same reasons. But I have added a few new ones as well. Anyway, here's to Kate!

1. Kate can always make me laugh. Stories she tells or silly things she does--she just makes me laugh. And everyone knows laughter can help you live longer! One of my favorite "laughs" about Kate...in high school she was working on a group paper. Someone suggested they do the report on euthanasia. Kate's response was, "I think we should do the paper on Youth in America, not Youth in Asia!" The greatest part, she was TOTALLY serious. And she will be the first person to laugh at herself. Like I said, always good for a laugh.
2. Kate is always up for anything, "Sure!" I can hear her saying it now!
3. She is a great Mom, whenever I talk to her on the phone, she and her kids are up to something--the latest was caramel dipped pretzels--her oldest is 6 and youngest is 9 months. She is SO brave! :)
4. Katie is kind to everyone, she can make anyone feel like he or she is her favorite. She is just one of those people who everyone wants to be around.
5. Kate was "the baby", I have always thought she was fabulous.
6. Katie is beautiful, like all my sisters, it comes from the inside and just keeps going.
7. She could spot a jerky guy when I brought them home long before I could & she let me know. Not always in the most tactful ways, but she let me know. Once she left "For the Strength of Youth" on my pillow because she was concerned about some of my activities--I love that one!
8. She is amazingly athletic, something of which I am a tad bit jealous. She could not run for months and then decide to run 5 miles & I believe she could! I always loved watching all my sisters play volleyball. I cried when I had just had Jake & couldn't go watch Kate at the state finals.
9. She has made some very tough choices in her life, but she knows what is right and she does it.
10. She is just plain fun! She laughs easily and lots--I love that.

Happy day, Kate! Thirty looks totally fabulous on you! :)

4 comments:

Brad Jones said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brad Jones said...

My question is: "What did she say about me when you brought me home?" Was I one of the jerky ones?

Brian Owens said...

No comment, Brad! :) Just kidding--you were safe! :)

Kade and Katie said...

jen, i just got on here and read your sweet lies! ha ha! you've got me all teary again! thanks for taking the time to think of me and make a post just for me! i love you! and i too love "!" aren't they just fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!