Thursday, June 18, 2009

A week late

Last Thursday was my Mom's birthday. I mentioned earlier in the year I was going to do a special post each time someone in my family had a birthday. My mom called yesterday and told me she was checking in on her lost kids. I asked what she meant and she said she hadn't heard from me in quite a while. My response, "Has it been a long time, Mom?!" I really didn't know the last time I had talked to her. After I got off the phone I realized I hadn't talked to her since her birthday. Summer seems to be especially busy this year for whatever reason. Maybe the fact that I have 5 very active kids who feel they need to be doing something every day. I am glad they want to be busy instead of in front of the television, but my house is very aware of the neglect and apparently my Mom noticed as well. So anyway, a week late I am letting my little blogging world know what an amazing mom I have.

1. I remember shortly after Brian and I were married, I met someone in our new ward who worked with my mom. She said, "Melinda Fryer is YOUR mom?!" I said she was and then this girl went on and on about how wonderful my mom was and how much she loved her. This has happened several time since then. My mom is loved by everyone who knows her.

2. Why do so many people love my mom? Because she is warm, friendly, sincere, accepting and just plain kind.

3. My mom is a goal setter and achiever. I am always so impressed by all my mom accomplishes--she still runs circles around me.

4. My mom does what is right simply because it is right.

5. She was and still is a fabulous mother. She has made so many sacrifices for us and continues to. She was ALWAYS at anything we did from a 5 minute assembly to games. She is such a good example to me.

6. Now with 23 grand kids, I get to see what a wonderful grandmother she is. She adores all of her grandchildren and they adore her back. I love watching my mom's eyes when she is talking to our kids and the other grand kids. She loves to tease them and her eyes sparkle just like my grandpa's did when he would tease us.

7. My mom is very thoughtful. I remember getting the best notes from my mom. Sometimes little notes stuck in suitcases or books and sometimes cards in the mail. I love getting notes from my mom. She now sends notes to my kids--they get so excited when they see something in the mail from Grandma and Grandpa.

8. My mom is fun. She is the first one to suggest everyone plays a game or goes outside to start something. Whenever my kids talk about my mom, FUN is always a word that is mentioned. She LOVES to be playing and doing and seeing everyone having a good time.

9. My mom loves her family. She adores her own brother and sister, she loves my Dad and she loves her kids and grand kids. All this love is expressed in such individual and personal ways. Her family is one of the most important things in her life and she lives in such a way that we all feel and know that.

10. My mom loves me. I love my mom for simply loving me and forgiving my faults so easily. I know that sometimes I can be a little hard to love. I am a bit quirky and definitely have my faults. My mom know all that about me and she not only loves me in spite of all those things, she sees the good in me that I find hard to see sometimes. In a nutshell, she loves me unconditionally.

I love you, Mom. Even if I do get lost sometimes, I can't imagine my world without you.

4 comments:

Emily said...

WELL... with the title of your post I wondered if you were making an announcement!!! ha ha ha!!! sounds like you have an amazing mom... I'm not surprised because you are one amazing girl and she taught you well!! such a nice tribute!

meegz said...

I'm a lost daughter too sometimes, they can just call each other if they are lonely.:)

I LOVE your Mom too -- she makes everyone feel loved!!

Bonnie said...

Sounds like the apple didn't fall far from the tree Jen!
You and your mom are both wonderful, beautiful people! That's why you are loved by so many.

Mimi said...

I love your mom too...she's a wonderful cousin and person...I don't think you could ask for more!