Saturday, June 20, 2009

Another Birthday

Today is Mandy's birthday. I actually remembered to call her--something I often forget to do on birthdays. We tend to group our birthdays together, but this will be it for June. It really is so great for me to think about just a few of the reasons I love each person in my family--they are all such amazing people. Just wait until October though--it will be one bday after another! :)

So a few reasons why I think Mandy is marvelous...

1. She is very adaptable. She never seems upset by changes or things she can't change.

2. SO easy to get along with. There were always sibling fights going on at our house, especially with 5 girls. But I can honestly say I don't ever remember being upset with Mandy about anything. I don't know if anyone could.

3. Mandy loves to read. So I love to talk to her about books she has read and things I have read. I love having a sister who enjoys so many of the same books--makes for lots of great conversations.

4. She is a peacemaker. We always called her that at our house, but I think she still is in her own family. She has to approach "keeping the peace" in a whole new way with Mick and her own kids, but she does it and does it well. Marrying Mick brought out the feisty in Mandy--we have all loved seeing that! :)

5. She is open to anything. She is one of those moms who actually considers all the crazy ideas her kids have and many times helps them figure out how to accomplish them. I too often just say no because the alternative would take too much effort--she inspires me to think differently. She talks about some of the things they do like they are no big deal, but they are a big deal!

6. Mandy owns her own power tools. AND she know how to use them! She has built some amazing furniture--YES--I said furniture! How cool is that?!

7. Mandy can laugh at almost anything. She has a knack for not taking things too seriously for too long. I think she will live long and happily because of this wonderful trait.

8. I love that she says what she thinks. She is always nice about it, but you know where you stand with Mandy and I love that.

9. Mandy is so creative. She will see something she likes and she will figure out how to make it herself or paint it herself. I have copied so many of her "designs" and she is happy to help me. I swear every time I see a picture of her house, something else is under construction.

10. I said I would say this about all my sisters, but only because it is absolutely true. She is a wonderful mom. Mandy really LISTENS to her kids. She is patient with them and helps them find solutions. She is calm and so understanding. I am always so impressed when I watch her handle "situations" that always happen.

I love you, Mac! I miss you so much. Hope you had a great day.

P.S. Happy Anniversary, John & Karlee! :)

1 comment:

The Fluckiger Family said...

Happy birthday, Mac! I didn't know that she makes furniture. She doesn't have a blog right?? We need to convince all of your sisters that they should blog...I feel like I know what is going on with you and Katie, better than anyone else in your family - even those that live here in the valley!