Wednesday, May 6, 2009

My helper

I needed to mop my floor. I will start there.

Every month or so I like to make a big pot of veggie soup to keep in the freezer for quick lunches for myself. Today was one of those days. I had asked Kash earlier who made the mess in the toy room (I knew I was speaking to the perp) and he admitted to the mess. I told him he needed to clean it up. After much whining, he went in and started cleaning. So I thought that was a great time to make the soup. I was just about done when Kash yelled to come look at the toy room because he had finished. I went in and it REALLY did look great. I have no idea if the toys are in the right bins, but the room itself really was clean. I told Kash he did a great job and gave him a big hug and he was quite proud of himself. He asked me what I was doing, so I told him I was making soup. Kash loves to help cook, he likes to pretend we are on a cooking show--very cute. So he climbed up on the counter and asked if he could help. How could I possibly tell the cutest four-year-old who just cleaned the toy room, no? So his first job was to dump in some crushed tomatoes, so far so good. But all that cleaning and pouring must have made him thirsty, so he asked if I could get the water bottle for him. This is a HUGE water bottle. It was empty, so I filled it up most of the way and handed it to Kash. Next, he wanted to help add some salt. I was making a huge pot of soup so I figured that would be okay, he couldn't get too much in, right? I handed him the box and as he was adjusting himself to pour, he bumped that almost full water bottle and as it hit the floor, it popped open and spilled ALL over the floor. I grabbed Ruby just before the water got to her and then grabbed a big towel. I thought to myself, "Just an accident and I needed to clean the floor anyway, all good." I got the water cleaned up and Kash was impatiently waiting to add the salt. I was trying to help him (big mistake) and as he pulled the box up a bit away from me, it POURED in! Luckily, like I said it was a BIG pot of soup and it was kosher salt, so we were okay still. I stirred it all together, and Kash asked if he could stir. I told him sure he could stir. So I turned around to grab something on the other counter and hear a "SPLAT, SPLAT, SPLAT". I turn back around to see clumps of soupy veggies all over the floor.

So I will end by saying that I still need to mop my floor. I love my Kash!!!

3 comments:

The Fluckiger Family said...

Sounds like one of those days and we definitely have plenty of those. Props to you for being so patient about it. I think I would have been done after the first mishap :)

Barbi Mecham said...

You are the most patient mother ever! Kash is such a big helper and darn cute to boot!

Carley said...

Maybe you could send him my way. My floors need mopping today and I really don't wanna. Could Kash help with that? ;)