Saturday, May 30, 2009

Firsts and Lasts

I took Ruby on Thursday for her 1 year check-up. She had to get 4 shots--yuck! She has been a bit "wheezy" this past month--I thought it was due to a few colds she has had, so I wanted the dr. to listen. When she did, she informed me that Ruby needed a breathing treatment. I asked what was going on and she said Ruby's lungs were full of junk and she wouldn't rule out asthma, but thought it was most likely severe seasonal allergies. So Ruby is my FIRST child who needed a breathing treatment! After we got done (Ruby screamed for the whole 10 minutes), her breathing was SO much better. The dr. came back and listened and agreed Ruby was much improved. This means more breathing treatments for the next two weeks--we were at the dr. for 3 hours! I was so glad that at the last minute I had decided to ask someone to watch Kash for me--that would have been miserable for my Kash-man. Ruby also got some allergy meds and for another FIRST, she slept through the night 2 nights in a row. I am so glad she is feeling better, but feeling so bad we didn't do something sooner--I really didn't think she sounded that bad. I am feeling so much better too--sleep is an amazing thing. And she is dealing with the breathing treatments much better too--she has to realize they make her feel better. She still gets upset when I get out all the equipment, but settles down once it gets going. I love the little mask they gave her, it makes her look like a dragon with smoke coming out it's nose--funny.

As for our lasts, Sally, Ben, & Jake all had their last day of school yesterday. They were all so excited. It was just a half day, so Ben went with a friend after school to go see "UP", said it was great. Jake went with friends to Amarillo Country Club to swim (he would like for us to join--ha ha), and Sally went with friends to have a pedicure and manicure to start off the summer right. She said she felt like someone really important, like a movie star--so fun for her--totally up her alley! They all had a very fun last day and we are all excited to have a slower schedule for a couple of months. The kids are also counting down until July when we head to UT. Should be a great summer, they always are, I LOVE SUMMER! :)

4 comments:

Carley said...

She looks darling with her little mask on! Two of mine had to have those, although it was for RSV...great fun!

The Fluckiger Family said...

No fun, but yay for Ruby sleeping through the night! It's amazing what a little sleep will do...for both of you! I have to say, she really does look darling with her little mask on :)

Kade and Katie said...

oh jen, so not fun. i hated doing those treatments with carver, he screamed too, and i had to hold him tight...not fun! but it is amazing how much they help. so glad she is doing better and you are getting sleep. i might have to try a breathing treatment on halle, haha! love ya!

Judy Lamont Stock said...

I'm sooo behine on reading your blog sorry! Ok I know this sounds mean but my doc said it's better when they scream and breath hard because they get more of the meds into their lungs soooo you've got that to be ok with! Other than that SOOO not fun but my kids love putting the dino mask on their face. I can't believe Ruby is walking... YIKES!