Tuesday, May 12, 2009

For Livi--and Kate I guess :)

All our cousins live far away from us and it make me sad sometimes that my kids don't get to spend quality time with them very often. I listen to Kate tell me about her Livi or read on her blog the things she has been up to, and I think to myself, "Sally is SO related to her!" Kate talks about Livi picking flowers and leaves for pretend salads and other things or the art projects she is working on, and I always think of my Sally. Sally often times will have art projects going on in 3 rooms at a time. I love her creativity, although some of the messes she finds herself owner of aren't always so great. I think Sally brings me home bouquets of flowers she has picked a couple of times a week. Sally has her own style, very different than mine. She HATES when I pick out her clothes and I am often astounded at the clothing she puts together. But she wears it all with such happiness, who can say a thing? Anyway, we were out doing yard work this past Saturday and I walked around to the backyard to find Sally stripping all the branches she could reach. She was making pies. And then after we had sampled strawberry and blueberry pies (which were delicious if you were wondering), she threw all the leaves in the air and danced around as they fell on her. I only wish Livi were here to have enjoyed our wonderful feast of pies and the tree confetti that ended Sally's little party. This summer I am sure there will be leafy feasts for all to enjoy! I can't wait! I snapped this picture before she knew I was watching. I love my Sally!

4 comments:

The Fluckiger Family said...

Such a cute picture! I can't believe how different girls are from boys. I'm just getting a small feel for that now.

Carley said...

Some family traits must be strong. I've got one just like her. Aryn and Sally will definately have to meet!

Judy Lamont Stock said...

That's really cool! I hope CC gets to be as creative and fun as Sally. :)

Kade and Katie said...

gosh, make me cry! there are going to be many pies and parties this summer i'm sure. let's just hope the trees and flowers hold up, livi already de-budded our maple and it's little branch! they are soooo alike. can't wait to play this summer! love ya!