Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Jake's Talent Show

Jake auditioned for his school talent show a couple of weeks ago. I was so proud of him for simply doing that! The actual talent show was today, so Brian and I went up to the school to watch him. I was so proud of him for doing something like this--I would have NEVER!!! He has only had his guitar since November and so far hasn't had a lesson. We have been looking for someone, but haven't found anyone yet. I am sure with summer almost here, we will have to wait for fall, but I will be excited to see what he can do with some lessons. He figures out all the songs with tabs on the computer. I am sure I am biased, but I think he did great! I had to edit the video a bit so it wouldn't take 3 days to upload, so you get to hear his solo and the second verse. It is "Sunshine of Your Love by Cream". He is all about the classic rock. I LOVE his smile at the end--so Jake.

7 comments:

Kade and Katie said...

i'm not kidding you, TAGE listened to this about 5 times! when i first played it, livi and carver came running to see. livi, "he is GOOD." carver did the head bang thing, and tage cheered and clapped when jake's other fans did. that is sooo awesome! tell jake he totally has a fan club back in utah! oh the girls are going to come running for this kid!

Carley said...

Wow, I'm all sorts of impressed! Hey, Tanill teaches guitar lessons, ahh wait you live to far away. Which is a shame, 'cause she can play anything with strings. He did really awesome, and kudo's on the bravery factor of even trying out for it! Congrats mom! p.s. Riley said "ooo, he's cute." then I told her Jake was way too young and also her second cousin. She turned bright red and laughed like crazy, and said, "oops!" I've long said there's just something about a guy with a guitar, total chick magnet, you'd better watch out! ;)

Bonnie said...

Gracie says Jake is way,way,way better than Hannah Montana!

davenportreport said...

Jen, so cute. (I'm sure Jake wouldn't love that I called it cute). I love that he likes Cream and classic rock. He did great. You should be proud (nothing to do with being biased)!

meegz said...

I love his shows. He's got some talent!!

Shane and Becky said...

Wow, I can't believe he's never had a lesson. Now that is talent. He did a great job. It is crazy how fast our boys are growing up. Seems like yesterday we were swapping houses for preschool now they are preteens. Jake is such a cute kid.

Stacie said...

the england girls are big fans!! when he is on the road let us know!:)