Friday, April 25, 2008

A little dirt and water won't hurt



I know that sometimes I get too concerned about messes being made and clothes getting super dirty. I find that when I see dirty kids and dirty clothes, I think more messes for me to clean instead of how much fun my kids must be having. I have to remind myself that clothes and kids both wash, but there is nothing that will erase a memory of a great mud bath for a child. Yesterday I had been outside with the kids but needed to come in and try to figure out dinner. I heard the water come on a few times outside and thought I should go investigate. I found Sally & Kash getting toy wheelbarrow fulls of water and taking them to the hole they had dug in the dirt. Kash had taken off all his clothes and gave me that wonderful Kash smile and said, "We made a bath, Mom!" I just about got upset, and then I gave myself one of those reminders and was able to enjoy the moment with them. They had the best time! I was glad I hadn't cleaned the bathroom yet though after they bathed--that was some yucky water! I probably should have bathed them twice! I am glad I didn't ruin that moment for them--kids are supposed to get dirty--right?!

1 comment:

Polly said...

Jen, give yourself a gold star for MOM OF THE DAY! I love that he was naked. Such a boy thing!!!!