Sunday, March 30, 2008

March Comes in Like a Lion & Does the Same Thing Going Out

I have said it before, but western NY does not recognize March 20. I know spring and warm weather will eventually show up here, but as of today, it still looks like winter. We have been having more sunny days, but still cold. Although today it reached 40 degrees! Balmy compared to all last week.

To update everyone on the baby situation, my dr was totally agreeable to inducing me so we could make sure Brian was around. So right now the induction date is set for May 2. That is actually 8 days before my actual due date, but my dr thought we could get around one day. If he changes his mind for some reason, he said he still might induce me on May 2, but later in the day so the baby would actually be born on May 3. So we will see as I get closer, but I am just thrilled that we are getting so close! That is just 4 weeks from this Friday--yeah!!!

March has been filled with basketball and trying to sell our house. We have had 2 Realtors come to show the house, one just this weekend. The first people who looked at the house actually made an offer, but it was WAY low, but still as high as they could go so we just had to decline. I am hoping that things pick up or that the people who looked this weekend want to offer our asking price! :) Wouldn't that be nice!?

Basketball is wrapping up. The practices during the week haven't been too bad, but 3 hours on Saturday is wearing me out. Last year Brian and I would tag team and not have to stay with all the kids for all 3 hours, but I don't have that luxury this time around. Although Bonnie has saved me a few times and taken the other kids to their house while I watch Jake play. I should say it saves them as much as me, they don't love sitting on a bench for 2 hours either. There isn't a lot of room to run around with 2 games going on at the same time. Jake & Ben have really enjoyed playing. I think Sally enjoys going, but still more for social reasons than anything else. She does think she can dribble the ball really well. I wish I had a little video clip at this moment to show you all what a great ball handler she is! Pretty funny! But hey, as long as she is having a good time and thinking she is great--all that matters! I told Brian that Jake really needs to find an individual sport to excel at. After his game yesterday, our neighbor asked how they did. Jake responded by saying, "Great, I made 2 baskets!" Paul asked, "Did your team win?" Jake said, "I don't know." He really could have cared less about how the team did, but the fact that he had scored was big news.

Ben is very excited about baseball. He found out that he will be playing with the Angels. He has the same coach as last year and I am thrilled about that! Her name is Sally and she is one of the greatest people--she is a retired college volleyball coach who is raising her granddaughter. She substitutes a lot at the elementary school and the kids all LOVE her. Her husband is pretty quiet, but is great with the kids too. So I really am so glad that while our lives will be a bit crazy over the next few months, I know Sally will be great with Ben and all that we have going on. Ben actually had to "try out" this year. They have try outs for this younger group so they can more evenly match the teams, no one doesn't make a team. But Ben took the whole thing very seriously and did really well hitting. When they had him field the ball, he missed every one, but the ball did hit his mitt quite a few times! To Ben, baseball is all about hitting, so he thought he did extremely well all around.

I talked Sally out of playing baseball with a new pair of shoes. I am feeling a bit badly about it, but I just could not do 2 kids playing on 2 different teams during the next few months. I figured Sally could wait one more year to play and be fine. She really wants her own bike. She is still riding the big wheel type thing--even Kash has a nicer ride than her. A couple of weeks ago we had a rare day when we hit 50 degrees and kids had their bikes out. Sally's knees kept hitting the handle bars. She keeps reminding me that she really needs a new bike and one with only 2 wheels. I agree, but I think we will wait a until the snow at least melts to get serious about a bike.

Kash will be 3 April 11. He is not potty trained and he still has his "binker", as he calls it. I think because I have always had a 2 1/2 year old and a new baby, I was always more motivated to be rid of diapers and binks, so I am a bit behind. I am really going to try for the potty thing to be done by May 2, but I get as attached to the binks as my kids do. It has got to go, but it might be a couple more months. He is talking like crazy. He locked me out of the house this month and thought it was super funny. He and Anthony (his best little friend) ran back and forth looking at me through the door and laughing. It was pretty funny, but I got nervous when they went back to playing and just forgot about me. I then had to yell though the window that I was going to tell Daddy. Then he let me in. So, "I'm going to tell Daddy" still gets a reaction, even when I am 35!

Brian will be 40 on April 16!!!! He of course says he wants no big fan fare. I am not sure how we would at this point anyway. But we will most definitely have to do something. He seems to do be doing great. Aside from the whole awful commuting thing, his job is going very well. The company has gotten him an apartment, much better than the hotel. He is very happy to not have to eat out so much.

Well, enough is enough. I am thrilled to think the next time I leave my monthly update, I will only have a few more days of pregnancy and then we finally will get to meet our little girl!

No comments: