Sunday, March 2, 2008

February is over!

I am thrilled that February is done for many reasons. First, we are one month closer to warm weather, we are one month closer to being with Brian again permanently, and I am a month closer to not being pregnant anymore and getting our little girl here. I am down to 2 week visits so I really feel like the end is in sight. I need to start working on my dr, but I am really hoping that he will induce me around May 2nd. Sally & Kash were both induced because Ben was so huge and we had a few minor complications getting him here. That being the first reason I need to convince him, but the other being Brian. I want to make sure Brian is here, and the only way to do that is to plan an induction. NY has some pretty stiff rules about induction, so we will have to work around that, but I think it can be done.

Our best February item was having Kathi, Jen, Cole, & Emma come for a visit. The kids were so happy to have cousins here to play with and it worked out great that our kids had a week off school while they were here. It was easy to leave for Amarillo knowing our kids could stay home and be with Nana and Jen. Kathi & Jen helped me paint the moulding in our bedroom while they were here and that was such a HUGE help--that task overwhelmed me! Our room finally looks great! Hopefully someone else will think so too and want to buy our house! I loved having them here and super appreciate them coming!

From my last post, it was pretty obvious I wasn't thrilled with Amarillo. I am really trying to have a positive attitude about the whole move and hope that we love it in Texas as much as we have loved Cuba. I will leave it at that or I think I will start sounding negative again. But like I said, it was great to get Brian all to myself for a few days.

Brian had a crazy month. The week before we were to leave for Amarillo, we got a call that his dad has passed away. So instead of coming home, he headed for Utah to help make arrangement and be there for the funeral. In spite of a less than perfect relationship, Brian and his brothers and sister Jen really planned a nice service for Hal. That was an exhausting week for Bri and then he came home for just 2 days instead of 4 and then we left for Amarillo. He went right back to CA from TX. Phew!! He is doing great at his new job and so far is really liking the company.

Jake and Ben had such a great time watching the Superbowl. I was wrong though, Jake was cheering for the Giants. Although the rest of us were cheering the Patriots, I had to be excited for the Giants--what a great football game! Probably the most exciting Superbowl I ever remember watching. Jake and Ben love the PS2 game "NFL Street Football" and have decided to create their own version. They play football in our street with whoever will join them and have such a great time! We live on a pretty quiet street and so far the few cars that do drive by haven't been a problem. I just love that they will go outside in 25 degree weather and run around. Kash wants to go out, but I don't love the idea of him being in the road, so he watches from a window. The boys have come in a little beat up a couple of times, but still head out the next day. Ben even recruited our neighbor who is 22 and recently married. I thought it was cute of him to entertain Ben, but Stephen came out another day too, so maybe he enjoys being out there as well.

Jake, Ben & Sally started basketball a few weeks ago. They are all enjoying it, but once again I am finding things like this are difficult to do on my own. Three practices every week and then 3 hours of games on Saturdays. I am grateful for good neighbors who are so willing to help out! It is difficult to accept help, but man, I need some! Ben really wants to play baseball this spring and I am trying to figure that out logistically.

We are planning to have our house for sale next week. I am so hoping that we can be the exception to the norm and sell our house in less than 4 months. I love this house and hope we can find someone else who does as well. I am not looking forward to having to keep the house clean and smelling great all the time, I guess that is just if people actually want to look at it. I know this is Brian's biggest stress right now with the whole move. Just hope it all works out!

My mom and dad celebrated their 40th anniversary in February. After being married for just 12 short years, I am understanding more and more what it takes to get to 40. There is no such thing as a perfect marriage, it really takes a lot of work, patience, love & devotion (and so much more!). But there is so much joy as well. I love my mom and dad. I admire them both for so many reasons and I appreciate all they still do for us 6 kids.

Karlee & Mandy both had healthy little girls in February--one at the beginning and one at the end--so glad everyone was alright. Our little girl will be the 22nd grandchild for my parents--lots of kids!!!

No comments: