Thursday, January 22, 2009

Our Day

Once again, it is Praise to Jen & Kate Day. I think Brian forgot this year--darn him! Anyway, I just wanted to wish Kate a happy day! I made these little framed pictures for me & Kate when we first started our "holiday". I have kept it because it always makes me smile. Kate was so good to hang out with me after I got home from my mission. Most of my friends had graduated already and/or were married. I remember once, I took Kate and one of her friends to Hastings to get a movie. There was a poster of Brad Pitt and they started talking about how hot he was. I turned to Kate and said, "Who is Brad Pitt?" He had come on the scene in a big way while I was on a mission. Kate hustled over to me, covered my mouth and said, "Don't let anyone here you say that out loud!" Lots of great memories. A few of the reasons I love & admire Katie:
1. She agreed with me to have this fabulous holiday.
2. Kate is always up for anything, "Sure!" I can hear her saying it now!
3. She is a great Mom.
4. Katie is kind to everyone, she can make anyone feel like he or she is her favorite.
5. Kate was "the baby", I have alway thought she was fabulous.
6. Katie is beautiful, like all my sisters, it comes from the inside and just keeps going.
7. She could spot a jerky guy when I brought them home long before I could & she let me know.
8. She is amazingly athletic, something I am a tad bit jealous of. She could not run for months and then decide to run 5 miles & I believe she could! I always loved watching all my sisters play volleyball. I cried when I had just had Jake & couldn't go watch Kate at the state finals.
9. She has made some very tough choices in her life, but she knows what is right and she does it.
10. She is just plain fun! She laughs easily and lots--I love that.

I am so glad we have this day, if for nothing else, it reminds me of you. I love you, Kate!

3 comments:

The Fluckiger Family said...

You have those same qualities - maybe not the sports one(neither do I), but almost all of them. I love you both and hope you both have a great day!

Kade and Katie said...

you make me cry! you just made my day, my week, my year! thanks for all the nice lies you told about me, at least your fellow bloggers will think i'm really somethin'. i still have the framed picture and kade and i laugh everytime we see it. happy day to you as well. i truly celebrate you everyday, i love you jen! i'm sooooo lucky to have the best sisters in the world. thanks for being you, and always putting up with me! love you, love you!!

Brian Owens said...

See what I mean? Isn't she great?!!!