Monday, November 10, 2008

Sugar and Spice and Everything Nice...


That is what my little girls are made of. Definitely more spice than nice on some days, but oh, so sweet. The other day Sally asked me if I could please put a little note in with her lunch. I asked her if she meant a note telling her how much I loved her and she smiled and shook her head yes. I had tried this with both my boys, the little love notes, only to have them come home and politely tell me I had to stop because it was embarrassing. I was so excited to have Sally ask me to write her a little love note, but felt a bit badly that I hadn't done it before--of course girls are different! So I was so glad today that I had remembered her little love note when she asked if I had put one in her lunch bag.

I remember when we found out we were having a little girl and I wasn't sure what I was going to do. I was so comfortable with my 2 little boys with all their dirt, bugs, and balls. But the night before I went to the hospital to have Sally, I was doing some last minute laundry and the lint from the dryer came out pink. I was all the sudden so thrilled to have this little girl. She has not been a disappointment once! She is ALL girl and such a delight. She was exactly what our family needed. So when we found out we got to have one last little girl, I was excited from the beginning. Ruby is just as sweet with just enough spice...my little girls are wonderful!

4 comments:

meegz said...

They do add their own element don't they. Enjoy them!:)

Barbi Mecham said...

Hey Jen! I enjoyed a peek at your blog. It has been so long. You have a beautiful family!

Emily said...

awww... not sure if a mom of all boys who is anxiously awaiting the one on the way... wondering will it be another boy?? should get so sentimental over your post!! What a sweet mom you are Jen and although it's in a round about way, you've just confirmed my belief that we get the children who are meant to come into our families for very important reasons!! What a blessing they are!!

The Maguet's said...

found your blog! Your family is too cute!! I think you have a little rock star on your hands!!