Sunday, November 2, 2008

Birthdays and 1/2 birthdays

Today is the beginning of birthday week for our family. It starts with me--I am 36 today. Ruby is 6 months old today. Tomorrow Jake will be 11, and Tuesday Sally will be 6. And then on Wednesday Kathi, Brian's mom, will be....no I won't post that! But we do have lots of birthdays this week. It really is crazy but so much fun. This summer we had a big sleepover at my mom & dad's with all the cousin and then had an outdoor breakfast the next morning. Kate had an awesome waffle maker that I have been wanting since. It is the kind like when you get a continental breakfast at a hotel and it flips, you know what I am talking about. Anyway, I wanted one. Me and kitchen gadgets--just my thing. Anyway, Brian got one for me and surprised me with waffles this morning. And he even bought me REAL maple syrup--so yummy! I got to take a 2 hour nap--unheard of--very wonderful! And Brian made dinner--it was a fabulous birthday! Anyway, I thought I would post a little video of Ruby--she laughs so cute! Jake was hiding behind a pillow and then he would pop up and scare her, but she loved it. Watch though, every time Jake disappeared again, she tried to sit up and figure out where he had gone--she is such a peach! I just read though this post, a bit random. Oh, well. It's my birthday--I can be random if I want!

3 comments:

meegz said...

Holy Birthdays!! WOW -- how does your checkbook handle it?? :) Happy Birthday!

Judy Lamont Stock said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY OWENS CLAN!!!

Christy O'Roark said...

Happy Birthday to all! Just wanted to let you know our sons are sooo much alike. Aaron is currently obsessed with Angus Young. I can't wait to show him Jake's costume! I love reading your blog, but I really love knowing my son isn't the only 5th grader who knows who Angus Young is. What a relief! Your family is beautiful and I hope you all have happy birthdays. Christy in Clinton