Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Summer

I love summer. This one has been crazy. But I love that my kids have spent some quality time with their cousins and I have spent some quality time with my sisters. I hate that my brother has to have a job, I haven't been able to spend as much time with him as I would like, but I am so glad that his wife is willing to tolerate us--we love her! I am simply convinced that John is the greatest brother ever and I feel the same about my sisters. My kids have finally had a chance to really get to know my mom and dad--I am thrilled about this. We spent a few days in ID with Kathi and I appreciate that my kids got Nana all to themselves. I don't think my kids realize what super grandparents they have--hopefully someday! As crazy as this summer has been, I really do believe my kids will look back on it as one of their favorites. I really don't know where July went and I really can't believe we will be leaving for TX in just one short week. Jake is very aware of our limited time left and he is trying to sqeeze as many parties as possible into those 7 days. As much as I like to think I am a simple girl with simple needs, I have concluded that Brian and I don't know how to do things simply. I ask myself if we could have made this whole move/job change any more crazy and I can think of a few things but not much. Through it all though, I find that the thing I feel most is gratitude. Gratitude for a whole lot of things. I am looking forward to having a house of my own again and living with my husband again, but I know when next Wednesday comes I am going to be sad too. I wish I could post a bunch of pictures from this summer, but I love this one. Just a great summer shot--kids belong in trees during the summer--don't you think?

3 comments:

The Bennett's said...

Hey guys!! What a beautiful new baby. How fun!! We are glad you have you a little closer. (hee hee) It looks like your family has had a summer to remember. What fun pictures to look at!!
Love you guys!
The Bennett's

McKinnon said...

Hi there. I'm so glad you bumped into us at the pool. come on over to Ada's blog to catch up on her some time. Adaneph@blogspot.com And I'll make sure we get a letter out for Christmas this year.
Dayna

Anniebananie said...

Life just wouldn't be the same without craziness, right?!? So glad you have had some fun time with family. Love to see your cute kids! You are such a fun mom and it looks like your kids are keeping you busy. Good luck with the next couple of weeks...change is always exciting and emotional and good. Happy days!