Thursday, August 14, 2008

Let's get started!

We got to Amarillo today. It looks better than it did in February, still not as pretty as NY. I do like the house, Brian did a great job. Now it will just be the chore of finding a spot for everything. Pluses would be CLOSESTS, lots of them, a garage, attic storage, and a brand new kitchen. I will have to post a picture of the mural on one of the walls that Brian forgot to mention. It isn't horrible--nothing I would do--it can wait until we get a bit settled. The kids start school a week from Monday. We need to get them all registered in the next few days. Lots to do!

It was hard to leave yesterday, I knew it would be. But once we picked Brian up at the airport, I just got excited. I couldn't wait to get here. Now we are here and I know tomorrow will be a bit overwhelming, but it will be great to get all our things with us again.

After spending the summer with our families, I am reminded how little "things" really matter. I have things that I really enjoy, but they are all replacable and I could live without every single one of them. But those we love are priceless.

2 comments:

Angie Wishard said...

Jenni and family-

I was so excited when Christy O. introduced me to your blog. Jake has grown up so much but still looks like Jake. Your family has grown! When you left Clinton Sally was the baby. I found a card Jake had made me in my "Feel Good File" the other day. I was getting geared up for another school year. Jake had drew a picture of Jefferson Park on there. It looked so much like JP. Kindergarten is now at Henry as the district closed down JP 2 years ago. I still have the spider you guys gave me that I place in my Christmas tree each year, and think of your family as I do it.
Goodluck with your move to Texas,
Angie Wishard
Clinton, MO

Brian Owens said...

Angie,

It is so great to hear from you! Jake still talks fondly of you--he remembers you well and was excited you found our blog. I am glad to know something from Jake made it in the feel good file instead of crazy mom file or some other file! :)

Thank you again for being a wonderful teacher and making Jake's first school experience so great. Hope you have a good year this year with not as many tears as Jake provided you with! :)

Jen