Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Praise to Jen & Kate Day

I have to wish my sister, Kate, a Happy "Praise to Jen & Kate" Day. I guess it was about 13 years ago that we were thinking January was depressing. After Christmas can be such a let down with no holiday to celebrate until Valentine's Day. So we decided to create "Jen & Kate Day" because we could think of no one better to celebrate than ourselves--weren't we clever?! Well, the holiday never quite made it to calendar status and a couple of years later, Martin Luther King, Jr. Day was created. I wish I would have known the higher power that decides on holidays, I could have let them know that me and Kate had things totally taken care of! Not to take away from MLK, Jr., I have read some of his speeches and he was a great man with incredible passion and hope--his life is most definitely worth recognition. Kate & I just thought we were pretty great at the time. I must say, I still think she is fabulous along with my other sisters. And as much as many of you may love your brothers, I am quite sure I was given the best brother in the world. Anyway, Happy Day, Kate! At least we have husbands that celebrate for us!

1 comment:

Shane and Becky said...

Jen,
I love your Blog and "Jen and Kate" day just made my day. Your Kids are getting so Big and are So Cute! I don't know if you got my email with our family blog but if you want to check us out it is http://leavitt5.blogspot.com/ we've been having fun with it. It is so neat to keep in touch with our friends and family this way. -Becky Leavitt