Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Princess Sally "Way" Snaggletooth

My Sally is growing up. All this is evident by the number of teeth she has lost in the past month or so and the fact that she is finally starting to say Sally Ray instead of Sally Way when she says her name. I have been worried about Sally learning to say her r's, it has started to affect her reading and writing especially. I am so proud of her for working so hard to say things the right way, but there is something so endearing about those "weally" cute r's. Since she was 2 and really started to talk, her r's have been w's. I know it is time for her to grow out of it--actually way past time--but it just means one more little marker on her way to growing up. My kids are getting big. I get a little sad, but excited about the future as well.

Brian has such an imagination. He is a product of Dr. Suess. He can make up nonsense words that make sense, he sings songs and tells stories to the kids that he makes up as he goes along and I have no idea where he gets such fun and clever stuff. The other night, I wanted to take a picture of Sally's toothless grin, but she was worried she would look funny. So she wouldn't smile for me. So Brian told her (and all the other kids plus George who enjoyed it as much as any of them) a story about Princess Snaggletooth. We were all laughing so much, Sally couldn't help but smile. Brian really should write children's books--he has missed his calling in life. Anyway, the following pictures are from that night. I love these people. I feel tremendously blessed.



Isn't that grin priceless?!

1 comment:

Emily Barton said...

Hey Jen,
We sure miss y'all. Sally looks cute even toothless.