Monday, April 27, 2009

Great visit

My mom and dad have been here for a few days. It was so nice to have them here and the kids loved spending time with them. I know my mom always worries about any inconvenience they might cause, but I can honestly say it is never the case. I love having my mom and dad at our house. I love the time my kids get to spend with them. There are many days I wish we lived closer so we could enjoy all the get-togethers and cousin time, but there is a selfish part of me that loves when my mom and dad come, they are all ours for a few days. I think it is more of an inconvenience for them that they have to come so far to see us. Either way, we had a great visit and enjoyed every minute. I am sure my kids would say the highlight was their Christmas present. What, you say?! Christmas is April? Well, for Christmas this past year my parents told the grand kids they would take groups of them at different times to a hotel for an overnighter and find some fun things to do. So while my parents were here, they took our kids (minus Ruby) to a hotel and had a serious party. My kids were SO excited! And I will admit I didn't mind the quiet house for one night either. So it worked out for everyone. I am just glad it will be only be a couple of months before we get to see them again.

7 comments:

meegz said...

What a great christmas gift. The gift of time -- for all of you!:) Love that Jack and Melinda!!! Glad you could visit. My Mom is coming in a few weeks and we are all excited too.:)

Carley said...

Looks like everyone had fun; I love the Christmas idea!

Brad Jones said...

It is good to see your parents again! They look great! I'm glad they could come and spend some time with you. I'm sure they wish you lived closer as well.

The Fluckiger Family said...

What a fun Christmas present! My kids would absolutely go bonkers for that and I would go bonkers for the quiet time :) I'm glad you got to see your parents and honestly, I can't say that I see them any more often than you do. In fact, I think I know what is going on with you more than anyone else in the valley, just because of your blog. Are you guys coming this summer?

Brian Owens said...

Rinda, yes, we will be there this summer. For most of July actually, but only in Cache Valley for part of that time. I hope we can see you guys.

Emily said...

Sounds like so much fun!! Living in cache valley close to my parents is nice but I must admit I totally miss having them visit us and come for a weekend here and there! It just felt more special in so many ways. Now it's convenient but easy to take for granted!! I love the Christmas gift idea, sounds like the perfect gift to me! xoxo

Barbi Mecham said...

What a fun idea! I am going to pass that one along to my folks and in-laws. We will see if they will go for it ;)